National Conference on Open Source GIS: Opportunities and Challenges (OSGIS-2015), IIT BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, October 9-10 2015
Conference Name: National Conference on Open Source GIS: Opportunities and Challenges (OSGIS-2015)
Organized By: IIT BHU, Varanasi
Conference date- October 9-10 2015
Abstracts of the papers on confeence themes are invitied. Prospective authors are requested to submit an abstract of about 250 words by email to email@example.com Author(s) will be required to submit the full paper after acceptance of abstract.
Papers will be reviewed by a technical committee before publication in proceedings. The decision of committee will be final and binding. The length of the paper including tables, figures and references should not exceed 10 typed pages of A4 size. For details about the format of manuscript, visit the conference website.
All the accepted papers will be published in conference proceedings having ISBN Number and selected paper will be published in any journal having ISSN Number. Proceedings will have open access licenses for wide circulation.
Three best paper awards will be given to authors. One of the Author will compulsory attend the conference to present the paper. A certificate will be given for best paper award and half registration fee will be refund to one of the author.
Contributions are invited but are not limited to the following areas:
- Open Source desktop GIS software
- Open source web-GIS
- Collaboration: data collection, data sharing, and open standards
- Using Open Source GIS with proprietary software
- Comparisons between packages
- Visualization: effective presentation
- Open Source for e-Governance
- Case Studies of applications of Open Source Remote Sensing and GIS: Civil Engineering, Geological studies, Location based services, Health, Energy, Agriculture, Transportation, Disaster, Water and Climate change etc.
- Open architectures, open content, open science
One day pre-conference workshop on open source GIS software will be conducted by experts. Hands-on session on any popular GIS software like QGIS will be conducted on computer lab. Workshop will cover few basic as well as advance topics on GIS.
Prerequist for Workshop
Basic knowledge of GIS and working knowledge of any GIS software.
Maximum Number of Participants
Maximum 30 participants will be allowed to attend the workshop. Preference will be given to conference participants.
Address & contact details:
IIT BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Mobile: 7275873208, 8081765686