About National Seminar
The national seminar on Children’s Literature covers the genres right from picture books to fairy tales, fantasy, comics, adventure stories, and others etc. with the intention of providing entertainment or enjoyment to children. Though, Children’s Literature is primarily meant to amuse the juveniles, it may also be consumed by the adults as well, thereby problematizing the very definition of “Children’s Literature” itself. This seminar is sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research North Eastern Regional Centre (ICSSR-NERC), NEHU Campus, Shillong
|Fest Title||Two Day National Seminar on “Children’s Literature: Addressing the role of Folktales”|
|Organizer||Maharaja Bir Bikram University|
|Location||Agartala, Tripura, India|
Objectives of the Seminar
The main objective of this seminar is:
- To explore the rich world of Children’s Literature while at the same time to find out the importance of the genre of Folktales in relation to the development of a child.
- To explore the role of Folktales as a literary device in the context of globalization.
- To find out the importance of Folktales in the conservation of nature.
Theme of the Seminar
“Children’s Literature: Addressing the role of Folktales”
Theme is divided into several sub-themes as detailed below, but not necessarily limited to:
- Race and Children’s Literature.
- Child’s Development and Folktales.
- Culture and Children’s Literature.
- Children’s Literature and Psychology.
- The Role of Folktales today.
- Folktales and Education.
- Folklore as a contemporary literature.
- Folklore and Northeast India.
- Folklore and women.
- Folktales and Environment.
- Folktales and History.
Last date for submission of Abstracts: January 15, 2022
Last date for submission of Full Papers: January 17, 2022
Last date of submission of Registration Form along with Fee: January 15, 2022
Seminar Date: January 28-29, 2022
Registration fee for Paper Presenter is Rs. 200/- and for Participants is Rs. 100/-. Registration fee along with duly filled in registration form should be sent to the Organizing Secretary of the seminar.
|Join Whats App Group||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|University Website||Click Here|
|Check Other Events||Click Here|
Address & Contact details
Department of English, Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB) University, Agartala, Tripura, India
Social Media Links of the Event