About Open Challenge Program
Table of Contents
The Research & Entrepreneurship Park of IIT Bhubaneswar (IITBBS-REP) is all set to host an Open Challenge Program (OCP) in AR-VR in association with Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of Odisha, Start-up Odisha, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt of India as a part of its endeavor to help creating an entrepreneurial ecosystem in AR-VR in the country, especially in Odisha by on boarding start-ups both in physical and virtual mode. The objective of this year’s Open Challenge Program (OCP) is to select up to 20 best submissions led and executed by start-ups, actively involved in research, development, and application activities related to AR-VR.
The project proposals with potential to entail a substantial advance in the state of the art technologies by delivering new services with potential to improve the solutions based on AR-VR with an ability to reach the market in the short run, will be selected. The open call is divided into four participation tracks namely Augmented Reality platform for Medical Planning, Tourism, Cultural Heritage and Education and Skilling.
The selected start-ups will have a hand on opportunity of on boarding in the VARCoE premises of IIT Bhubaneswar campus (In campus mode and virtual mode) with seed grants/investment support up to Rupees 10 Lacs. They will also have access to other funding/Investment from Govt. organizations up to the tune of Rupees 25 Lakhs with an access to private investment for creation of a suitable ecosystem for organizational visibility centred towards new partnerships, business opportunities followed by mentoring support from VARCoE Team members.
|Fest Title||Open Challenge Program on AR VR|
|Venue||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
Virtual and Augmented Reality Centre of Excellence (VARCoE), IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications for start-up on boarding. This 1st Open Call will support 20 best submissions led and executed by start-ups, actively involved in research, development, and application activities related to ARVR. The problem statement for the same is listed below. The selected projects should have potential to entail a substantial advance in the state of the art, delivering new services with potential to improve the solutions based on ARVR and ability to reach the market in the short run. The open call is divided into four participation tracks. Applicants must apply for one of them.
Selection Process for Start-Ups
- Eligibility Screening
Track 1: An Augmented Reality Platform for Medical Planning
- Dentistry —Real-time data visualisation directly from a dental scanner, for enabling a dentist to build precise crowns or caps.
- Training nurses — AR-enabled, tablet-based simulations of different patient scenarios.
- Medical imaging — AR based visualization enhancement of CT or MRI data.
- Elderly Care: ARVR based services for the elderly and people with different forms of disability.
- Medical virtual reality simulators: Design and development of surgical augmented reality setups, and surgical digital library platforms.
- Health Care-Focused AR Apps
Track 2: Augmented and Virtual Reality Platform for Tourism
- The metaverse: Interactive Hotel Elements
- ARVR Based travel app development for City Tours
- Marker-based AR technology for travel
- Augmented Tourist Destinations
Track 3: Augmented and Virtual Reality in Cultural Heritage
- Exploring Cultural Heritage Using Augmented Reality
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Heritage Conservation
- ARVR Game-based Education System
- AR VR based visitor experience and satisfaction
Track 4: Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education And Skilling
- Augmented and virtual reality in elementary and primary school
- Storytelling and instructional design for XR
- Teaching aids with XR
- AR-based infrastructure management tools for schools
- AR/VR/MR Based skilling system
Benefits of Open Challenge Program
- On boarding of start-ups in the VARCoE premises of IIT Bhubaneswar campus (In campus mode and virtual mode)
- Seed grant support up to 10 Lakhs as well as Infrastructure, library and laboratory accesses provisioning for 10 best proposals as well as provisioning for In campus mode on boarding.
- Infrastructure, library and laboratory accesses provisioning for 11th -20th best Proposals as well as provisioning for virtual mode on boarding.
- Access to other funding/Investment from Govt. organizations up to the tune of 25 Lakhs. This will be based on periodic review after six months of incorporation of start-up under VARCoE.
- Access to private investment: A network of corporate and private investors engaged to select and invest in promising companies with great go- to-market and growth potential.
- Visibility: VARCoE will offer ecosystem and organizational visibility towards new partnerships and business opportunities.
Proposal submission opening date: December 24, 2021
Last date for submission of proposal: January 26, 2022
Screening: February 1, 2022
Final Selection of the shortlisted start-ups: March 1, 2022
Workshop of ARVR: March 2-3, 2022
Fest date: March 1 – 3, 2022
|Join Telegram Group||Click Here|
|Event Official Website||Click Here|
|IIT Website||Click Here|
|Check Other Events||Click Here|
Address & Contact details
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Links of the Event