CULT – Design Fest 2017, Cultural Fest, World School of Design, Rai, Haryana, 2-3 March 2017
Fest Name: CULT – Design Fest 2017
Fest Type: Cultural Fest
Organised By: World School of Design, Rai, Haryana
Fest Date: 2-3 March 2017
Events & Competitions
Showcase Your College
Photography – Time Lapse Technique
Tell with Tiles
- The competition is to create a composition using given tiles.
2. Assorted tile sizes will be provided by WSD and choice of the tiles type will be left on the discretion of the participants.
3. All participants shall be given an hour to complete the composition.
4. Each team should have only two members to participate in the competition.
- Each team should have only three members to participate in the competition.
2. Only one team is allowed per institute.
3. The competition is to design and create a seating device in actual size out of given newspapers.
4. Material shall be provided by WSD, other stationary items have to be brought by teams themselves.
- Solo event.
2. The competition is to shoot a portrait of size 9” x 12”, on the spot at CULT venue.
3. The participant can use their SLR camera or mobile phone.
4. The entries can be soft format (Digital Image).
5. The competition will start at 11:00am on 2nd March’17 and the submission may be done online, latest by 9pm of 2nd itself along with an concept note.
6. Shortlisted photographs will be displayed on 3rd March for judging.
Fashion & Paper
- Solo Event.
2. The competition is to create fashion garment in paper on a given dress form.
3. The theme of the Garment is “CULT”.
4. The garment is not to be stitched but can be tied, folded, pleated & knotted.
5. The participants are allowed to use pin, scissors, tapes and glue sticks.
6. Participants are to use their own materials.
7. Dress form and paper will be provided by WSD.
8. A brief concept note should also be prepared by the participants.
Fun With Graffiti
GRAFFITI BATTLE is a competitive event that provides participant with opportunities to showcase the artistry and technique of graffiti writing.
Each entry should have a minimum of three (3) members and a maximum of five (5) members.
RULES and GUIDELINES
1. The participating team can choose their own concept or theme.
2. Do not copy someone else work.
3. Canvas/Wall will be provided by the organizer except for the spray paints.
4. All contestants must complete their mural within 4 hours.
5. No vulgar, naked or nude character on the canvass the crew will violate this rule will be disqualified.
6. The organizer has the full ownership and copyright of the final canvass.
7. Judges score each criteria 1-10, with 10 being the highest. Scores are totaled for each painter, and then all the judges’ scores are added together. In case of a tie, judges must deliberate and pick a winner.
8. Decision by the judges is final. There is no appeal process. PROTEST – are prohibited and will not be accepted regarding any score or result of a decision.
Calligarphy – The Art of Handwriting
Dance: Tribute to a Cult
- Group Performance Event. Maximum Team Size:12; Minimum Team Size: 3.
2. Time limit: 6-8 minutes which will exclude 2 mins dedicated to introduction/ explanation of interpretation of theme. 2 minutes will be allotted for stage preparation in addition.
3. Points will be deducted for exceeding the time limit and number of members.
4. Participants are required to give the corresponding edited songs in pendrives only prior to the competition. Other devices such as CDs or mobile phones etc will not be accepted.
5. Props which might cause inconvenience to the other teams or cause damage to the stage or the surroundings, will not be entertained under any circumstances. In case of popular props like powder colors, confetti etc. the performing team will be required to clean the stage after their performance.
Judging Scale and Criteria: The performance will be judged on the basis of dancing skills, coordination, expressions, stage coverage and most importantly interpretation of the theme.
Music: Unconventional Instruments
- Duet/Group Performance Event.
2. The Maximum time allowed for performance is 5 minutes. Additional 5 Minutes are allotted for setting up equipment on stage. Points will be deducted for exceeding the time limit.
3. At least 1 of the instruments must be unconventional.
Judging Scale and Criteria: Unconventional music instrument, Innovation in use of instrument, Original Material (This criterion forms the most important part of judgement). Your composition & performance should show originality with innovative use of instruments. Other criteria for judgment is Music (clarity, lyrical content and overall musical performance), Stage Presence and Crowd Interaction, Appearance and Personality.
Street Play: Rebels with a Cause
- Group Performance Event in the format of street play.
2. Maximum 15 members in a team are allowed.
3. Time Limit: 3-10 minutes including 2 mins introduction of interpretation of theme (if required). Negative points for exceeding the time limit.
4. Script should be original/self- written and should not be copied. It can be in English or Hindi.
5. Vulgarity in form of meaning or dialogue is strictly forbidden.
6. Recorded or background music is not allowed, dholak, thapli and live music can be used.
7. The teams shall arrange props for themselves.
Judging Scale and Criteria: The group will be judged on the basis of originality and relevance of the script with respect to the theme, acting skills, coordination, expressions, crowd response and dialogue delivery.
Quiz: Bright Sparks
- Team Size:3
2. One team per institute can register.
3. Questions will be based on POP culture (artists, actors, music, films, series, etc).
4. There will be 5 rounds in total which are going to be elimination rounds.
5. Rules of each round will be left on the discretion of the quiz master until the game begins.
6. Use of Cell phones or any other electronic device is prohibited and will result in immediate
Fashion & Cult
- Only one entry per college is allowed.
2. Theme for the competition is FASHION & CULT. Your are invited to present your own interpretation of this theme.
3. It is a team event. A team can have upto minimum of 8 and maximum of 20 models in addition to designers, choreographer and supporting members.
4. Performance time would be minimum 5 min and maximum 15 min. All teams to be present backstage 10 minutes before the beginning of this event.
5. The team should be in the WSD campus on the day of the show by 10:00 am.
6. One person per team should be there to manage the soundtrack and one for the lights. No supporting staff from WSD will be provided.
7. No props and costumes will be provided by us. Teams have to bring their own costumes and props.
8. Use of materials like candles, matches, cigarettes, alcohol and any other hazardous material on stage is prohibited.
9. Two copies of soundtrack should be submitted in advance of standard audio format .wav or .mp3 of sound quality 192kbps or above to organizers in pendrives only.
10. Vulgarity of any kind would lead to disqualification of team from the event. Hence if the team feels that any stunt of costume design can be deemed as vulgar, it is strongly advised to consult the organizers then performing it directly on stage.
11. It is imperative that all team members must possess a valid college id which must be presented at the time of registration. However, make-up artist and choreographer could be a hired professional.
Judging Scale and Criteria: Emphasis will be given to the interpretation of the theme, concept, originality, choreography, music and overall presentation. Final results of all events and competitions will be announced during the closing ceremony on the second day of the festival
Chess, Carrom Board, Table Tennis
- The competition will be on a knock-out basic.
2. The matches will be decided by drawing of names in presence of all the participants.
- There is no entry fee for any event.
2. Participants wanting accommodation in WSD campus can avail the service for Rs.500 per person. This includes breakfast and dinner and dormitory type of accommodation for three days (1st, 2nd & 3rd March 2017).
3. Organizers have the right to use performer’s name and images in any and all promotions associated to the event.
4. All decision of the judges and the coordinators will be considered as final and binding and will not be changed under any circumstances.
5. WSD will not be responsible for loss or damage of participants belonging.
6. A green room would be provided for changing purposes for all cultural events.
Address & contact details:
World School of Design, Rai, Haryana
Mobile: 7404205702, 9996444445