The Agriculture Research Organization is offering postdoctoral fellowships for research during the fiscal year 2015-2016. The Fellowships are intended for Chinese and Indian citizens that have completed a PhD program from selected Institutes. Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of academic excellence that is reflected in productivity and impact in the field of study. The total award is 100,000 Israeli Shekels per year. The application deadline is June 1st 2015.
Study Subject (s): The fellowship program is designed to identify and support young scientists aspiring to become future leaders in the field of Agricultural Sciences in Universities of their home countries.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Scholarship Provider: The Agriculture Research Organization
Scholarship can be taken at: China and India
Eligibility: All applicants must satisfy this requirement in one of the ways listed below:
- Satisfy score requirement in one of the following tests: TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language Minimum Score: 550 (or 213 in the computer version); IELTS (International English Language Testing System Minimum Score: 6.5); MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery Minimum Score: 80)
- Provide proof of completion of a previous degree program in an English language university.
- Provide proof of prolonged residence and exercise of a profession in an English speaking country
- Provide proof of completion of the Advanced English Training by China’s Ministry of Education (For Chinese applicants).
Scholarship Open for International Students: Chinese and Indian citizens can apply for these fellowships.
Scholarship Description: The Agriculture Research Organization invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships. The Fellowships are intended for Chinese and Indian citizens that have completed a Ph.D. program from listed Institutes available through the link below. The fellowship program is designed to identify and support young scientists aspiring to become future leaders in the field of Agricultural Sciences in Universities of their home countries. The main objectives of the fellowships is to avail excellent and promising scientists with the opportunity to become proficient in advanced technologies present in the Agriculture Research Organization and to establish future collaborations with Israeli scientists.
What does it cover? The total award is 100,000 Israeli Shekels per year.
Selection criteria: Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of academic excellence that is reflected in productivity and impact in the field of study (e.g. scientific publications, presentations at scientific conferences, participation in scientific societies, awards, and teaching achievements). Special emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s scientific training and achievements.
How to Apply: Applicants will submit their applications on the application forms (available through the link below) and according to the format in the application form, written in English, to the Associate Director, Prof. Ada Rafaeli: vtada-at-volcani.agri.gov.il including the details below:
- Curriculum vitae including education and degrees received, participation and presentations at conferences indicating whether a poster/ talk was presented by the applicant, activities in scientific societies, teaching/training experience, awards and scholarships.
- A short description of your present research activities and achievements. List of publications and scientific achievements (Summarize your professional accomplishments to date. State the professional and scientific goals following the fellowship).
- Choice of research themes for Fellowship Research Project, chosen from the list in the link below. State why you feel suited to the particular project/s.
- Recommendation letters from the doctoral thesis primary advisor and two other individuals (All letters should be sent separately by the evaluators to: vtada-at-volcani.agri.gov.il
- Official graduate program transcripts of courses completed during Master and Doctoral studies.
- To participate in the program proficiency in English is a requirement. All applicants must satisfy this requirement and provide Testimonial to English proficiency.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 1st 2015.
Click Here To Apply Online Now!! Hurry Up!!