Fest name: Technical workshop on Network Implementation and security
Fest type: Workshop
Organized by: IIT Delhi
Fest Date – March 30-31, 2013
Fest details: In this fest following events will be organized –
- Networking and use of Networking
- Importance of network in the world
- What kind of industries needs Networking?
- Introduction to devices and their use in the Network
- Data Flow and use of IP Addresses
- Explain IP Addressing and subnet masks.
- Explain classes of IP Addresses and uses
- About Routers (Use, Hardware, Software)
- About Switches (Use, Hardware, Software)
- Configuring Routers and Switches to form a Network (Practical)
- Console, Fast Ethernet port and Serial Port
- Telnet and remote login (Practical)
- Telnet a router or switch (Practical)
- Commands Like: Enable, Configuration Terminal (conf t), Ping, IP Addressing, Telnet, Write
- How to configure a router using Console port?
- How to assign IP Addresses and Subnet Masks to Routers?
- Using Ping to verify connectivity in different routers (Practical)
- Saving Configurations using “Write” command.
- Using Telnet to configure IP Address (Practical)
- Designing a network and configuring live routers and switches by remote logging and direct access to them
- Using Banners
- How to apply authentication using Passwords?
- How to break passwords
- Using SSH for Secured Remote Login
- Routing Basics
- Static Routing
- How to build a Network using Routers, switches and PC’s using Static Routing technologies.
- Project on Network Implementation and Basic Security using Static Routing and Authentication.
- Software to be used
- Telnet Client
- Secure CRT
- Wire Shark
- Packet Tracer
Address & contact details:
IIT Delhi, Delhi